Don't be put off by the fact that these brownies are made from chickpeas. They taste every bit as moist, intensely chocolatey and dense as they look. I pretty much ate the whole thing – but at least I spaced it out over a week (I have some self-control.).
CHICKPEA CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
10 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1 tbsp Kahlua
1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Melt chocolate chips with butter, either over double boiler on stove or very carefully in microwave, heating only for 40 seconds at a time then stirring until melted.
2. Put all ingredients in food processor and blend until chickpeas are smooth.
3. Pour in to greased 8 x 8 baking pan.
4. Bake in preheated 350 oven for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool and cut into squares.