These lemony chicken thighs are incredibly flavorful, especially if marinated overnight. Recipe by Diethood.
Lemon Paprika Chicken
4 to 6 bone-in chicken thighs
6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon dried thyme
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lemon
4 garlic cloves, minced, divided
1 cup white wine (use a wine that you like)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Place chicken on a cutting board or a large plate.
2. Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil over all chicken thighs.
3. Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper, paprika, thyme, lemon zest, lemon juice and 2 minced garlic cloves; rub the mixture evenly over the chicken thighs. *You can also combine seasonings in a bowl, mix well, and rub it over the chicken thighs.*
4. Place in a large bowl or ziploc bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
5. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large non-stick skillet.
6. Add chicken and, cooking over medium heat, brown the chicken on both sides; about 6 minutes per side.
7. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
8. Add remaining minced garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, for one minute. 9. Do not burn the garlic.
10. Carefully add wine to the skillet.
11. Transfer chicken back to skillet and bring to a boil.
12. Cover with a lid and continue to cook over medium-low heat for 20 to 22 minutes, or until done, turning the chicken over half way through cooking.
13. Add 1/4 cup more wine if it looks too dry when you go to turn over the chicken.
14. Remove from heat.
15. Transfer chicken to serving dish and spoon sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.